Malibu High School strives to be a collaborative community that respects individuals, sets high expectations, encourages critical thinking, and fosters a passion for learning and creative expression.
School-Wide Learning OutcomesThe following School-Wide Learning Outcomes (SLOs) were developed over the past two years by a team of teachers and reviewed by teachers, staff, and parents. Malibu High students will exhibit maturity, humanity and scholarship.
- Analyze critically all types of information and respond appropriately
- Synthesize ideas and communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Utilize all technology responsibly
- Collaborate effectively within a diverse community
- Show respect for themselves and for others
- Demonstrate environmental and civic responsibility
- Exhibit honesty and integrity
- Learn through service to the community
- Explore a variety of activities including athletics, arts, and clubs
- Create high quality work and achieve success in a rigorous academic setting
- Apply critical thinking skills
- Exercise leadership and teamwork when working towards a common goal
- Demand excellence from themselves